PAPERCUTZ Volume 2: Dystopian YA
Here at Paper Darts we are all about mixing media. From lavish illustrations to bombshell jewelry designs, we're not afraid to venture outside the literary world for inspiration. PAPERCUTZ, an adventure in literary mixtapes, is one example of this boundary crossing. Inspired by niche literary genres, we curate musical mixes to jam to while you read, write, dance, type—or do whatever it is that you do. This month's mixtape is inspired by dystopianyoung adult fiction.
Never has "dystopia" been as salient in literature as it is for this generation of young adults. Let's face it—being young is not an easy task. Luckily, there are imaginative—and epic—book collections set in distant post-apocalyptic futures to help get the youth through their hellfire school days and catastrophic cafeteria crushes.
But want to know the real truth? These titles help the not-so-young-adults deal with their tedious and mundane lives as just as much…if not more. So here it is; a mix to transport you an epically devastating alternative reality.
1) Nine Inch Nails, "Down In It"
2) Fall Back, "Factory Floor"
3) Katy Perry ft. Kanye West, "E.T."
4) Schlohmo and Lianne La Havas, "Forget"
5) Marilyn Manson, "The Beautiful People"
7) Lorde, "Tennis Court" (Flume Remix)
8) Saul Williams, "Can't Hide Love"
9) FKA Twigs, "Papi Pacify"
10) Evanescense, "Bring Me to Life"
11) Grimes, "Genesis"