In case Paper Darts is your only source of art news, here are ten of the viral/viralish things we haven't shared with you these past couple of weeks.
01. Paint in motion by Fabian Oefner
Throw some acrylics on a metal rod connected to a drill. Ready your camera, turn on the drill, and voilà.
02. Body Scripture
Ronit Bigal meticulously presents excerpts from sacred Biblical texts on the human body.
03. Parker Fitzgerald + Amy Merrick for Kinfolk Magazine
Because I wasn't already desperate enough for spring, this beautiful shoot of "ice cream flower arrangements" just had to surface on my radar.
04. Dita Von Teese models a 3D-printed dress
This 3D-printed garment is made of seventeen individually-printed pieces adorned with 12,000 black Swarovski crystals. God damn.
05. Paintings by Carina Crenshaw
Poof! Glitter out the eyes.
06. Characters from Finnish folklore recreated by seniors
"Eyes as Big as Plates" is an incredible collaboration between Riitta Ikonen and Karoline Hjorth.
07. Still lifes by Bobby Doherty
Are they photographs, or are they hyperrealistic paintings? (They're photographs.)
08. Wolfgang Stiller's human match sticks
These Matchstickmen depict burnt out humans—ignited, extinguished, and tossed to the ground.
09. Paintings in Petri dishes
Klari Reis is in month three of painting one Petri dish every day for the entirety of 2013.
10. Lifelike "mutant" sculptures by Patricia Piccinini
Objectively, I recognize that these human-animal alien hybrid sculptures are impressive. But they scare the shit out of me and I never want to see them again.
By Holly Harrison, Marketing Director and mild nightmare-haver