Smartypants, you know what’s crazy and makes us feel like a million billion popsicles on a hot day that have been enjoyed by good-looking people, our sticks turned into houses for beautiful, exotic birds somewhere warm and sandy? That, at this moment, the time between 8:00 and 9:30 p.m. on Thursday, October 11 is an endless chasm of possibility for you. Whether you bought a ticket to our party or you plan to just show up, you still don’t know what you’re in for. At this moment you might know some things, but not much. Here are the things you know for certain about that hour and a half in October:
- You’ll be at Icehouse
- We’ll be at Icehouse
- If you plan to sit or stand
- Who you hope to be at Icehouse sitting or standing with
Enjoy this moment of mystery, and feel amazing about your intrepid spirit—treading into the dark waters of a party you know so little about. We admire you, brave and party-hungry souls!
Now, for some fortune-telling. Here’s the map of your hour and a half between 8:00 and 9:30 p.m. on October 11, 2012:
- A drag and burlesque sexy song and dance by Shannon McCarville and friends
- Paper Darts says hello nervously from the stage
- Peter Bognanni and Eric Vrooman talk while Dylan Hicks rocks
- Dylan Hicks uses his words
- Refill your drinks and talk with your date
- Jacquie Fuller on overly passionate, fiery love
- A rapid word riot with poets Brad Liening, Janaka Stucky, Gretchen Marquette, Matt Rasmussen, and Steve Healey
- Sally Franson and Joseph Midthun act out a terrifying love affair
Then, after you spend some time collecting your jaws and thoughts Brute Heart takes the stage at 10:30 to fill the Icehouse with their lovely sounds, and then whoosh, you’re on to the next day. Es magico.
(If your path diverges from this, ain’t no thang. Swing by at 10:00 p.m., pay the $5 cover, hear some sweet tunage, and get Volume Four at the pre-order price.)
Now, go impress some people with your knowledge of the future. Also, RSVP on Facebook.