Alright doodies, I know that all week you've been dying for the second half of this list. So, I've taken some time to round up a ton of awesome, hilarious, and informative links for you to click on at work. Here is part two!
• This one is pretty obvious, but in case you haven't heard of it, it's based on Homer's epic poem The Odyssey.
• Another song about Franny & Zooey. Man, that book is so good. Call out of work for one day and read it. I'll change your life for a few days. Then, you'll probably watch a Fast & Furious 5, and then forget everything you read in the past few months.
• This is Bowie's take on Orwell's 1984. Apparently everyone knew this, except for me. Embarrassingly enough, I haven't read 1984, and I'm not super into Bowie. If I read the book while listening to the album wiill it blow my mind?
• This is actually a two-fer. It was suggested on the grounds that it mentions The Adventures of Augie March by Saul Bellow. However, it also references a novella called Tumbuktu by Paul Oster, which is from the point of view of a dog. A dog! I don't know about you, but I'm definitely going to add it to my list.
• Sting wrote a song about Interview with a Vampire? Intense.
• This song was featured in the Interview with a Vampire movie? Intense! Also, it is based on Master and the Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov, which looks really amazing, and I'm sad that I hadn't heard about it before. Thank heavens I came up with this brilliant (3 week long!) blog idea.
• Awesome, awesome song about the poem Kubla Khan by Coleridge. Way to go, STC! You've made the list twice!
• The title of this song comes from a Kerouac line in Dharma Bums. What does Morrisey know?
• A reference in this to the novel Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe. The title of the book is, of course, a reference to William Butler Yeats' The Second Coming.
• This song also references WBY's poem. Do you know anything about Yeats' theories of time and the world? Wild stuff. Clear your schedule for the rest of the day, and pencil in an appointment to get your mind blown.
Alright. That about wraps it up. Keep sending me songs with references! Whew!
Courtney Algeo ordered cheese curds for dinner.